Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Some things I decided

OK, a few days ago I discussed some of the rules of the game. I decided prior to New Year (don't we all) to get into better shape.
I also have a life to lead so I wasn't going to be "hardcore" by my standards but maintain a reasonable discipline. To accomplish this I decided to record my calories, protein,fat and carb intake 5 days a week. I also decided to go to whole grain carbs as opposed to starchy or sugary carbs. Finally I decided to increase my protein intake.
To let you know I weighed in at the Doctors office late December at just over 210lbs, currently I am weighing in around 180lbs. There is more good news, I actually PUT ON 5 lbs of muscle which means I had lost about 35 lbs of fat!!!!!!! By the way I did this while still indulging in weekend alcohol, having a cheat DAY (not a cheat meal) where I just ate ANYTHING I wanted. Anyone that knows me can attest to the fact that while I am a social drinker, I DO put some down when I have the chance.

I will talk more about what food I ate, how I tracked my meals, progress, lifting logs and how I measured my FAT loss. Weight loss was NOT the goal, fat loss was but I knew because of my condition that I WOULD lose weight in the process.

Thanks for stopping in!

1 comment:

mycase said...

I can see the difference - you look GREAT!

Mini Mall GREAT deals!

Rep your team, social sports network!