OK, so I gave you all a general overview of the things I did to lose as much fat as I could while not killing myself. There is good news however!
While I was diligent in my approach I took time to treat myself and still experienced good results.
For example, the 1st few months I not only allowed myself to eat whatever I felt like eating one day a week I still went out and socialized and YES drank.
Contrary to what most people think, unless you are going to compete, you can still see good results if you follow your plan 6 days a week.
Think of this, most likely most of us are doing little to nothing to try to improve our physique. If we can maintain a productive diet as well as a workout regimen for 5 or 6 days a week your body WILL improve.
After you reach a certain point it is simply a matter of maintaining what you have done. For example, last month all I really did was circuit training and ab work. For the last 2 weeks I have been suffering from a cold so I have deviated from my diet and only been to the gym once. Yesterday I stepped on the scale and was 183lbs. That's still 27 lbs less than what I started at last year and within 3 lbs of my lightest weight all year long!
So the morale of the story is put in the work up front and the results will follow.
Look, I know I am not ever going to step on stage and compete. I also know at my age that my best days are behind me, BUT I believe that I can look younger and feel better by being smart and disciplined. I hope you feel the same way.
In upcoming blogs I will continue to talk about my journey as well as include reviews on some products I use to help me along. I will also talk about random happenings in my life, such as my dealing with my son, fantasy football, the football pool I am in and LOSING as well as other topics of interest(to me).
:)
Saturday, November 10, 2007
TREATS!
Posted by
kinglouis2005
at
11/10/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment