Last post I talked about the types of foods that I ate to lose the fat. Next I will talk about the workout I used during this time as well.
One thing to consider is that I really have no interest in getting "big" or even getting "strong" my only interest was fat loss. On the other hand I HATE doing cardio so I devised a weight routine that would get my heart rate up and work my muscles at the same time.
The routine I used for the better part of 6 months looked like this:
Mon: Chest / Back
Flat Dumbell Press / Bent over dumbell rows
Incline Dumbell press / Lat Pulldown
Pec Deck / Cable rows
Tues: Legs
Leg Press / Stiff leg deadlift
Leg extension machine / leg curl machine
calf raises
Wed: Shoulders/Arms
Overhead Dumbell Press
Front dumbell raise
side dumbell raise
Alternate dumbell curls/ Tricep pushdown
Barbell curls / Overhead Tricep extension
Thurs: Misc
I would get in on Thursday and do whatever. In general I would do 2 or 3 movements for abs and then some more calf work. I might even hit chest once more.
The key to my workouts was not so much the movements I was using, but the manner that I did the movements.
For example I would take NO MORE that 60 seconds rest between a movement then I would jump right into the next movement. As a weight got easier to do I would increase the weight the following week, decrease the rest or both. For the movements that you see : movement 1 / Movement 2 , I did not rest at all in between these movements. This is called "supersets".
After 6 months of doing this I saw GREAT results. In fact I saw good results in just 2 months. After 6 months of working out this way I did modify my workouts somewhat for about 2 weeks at a time in order to "fool" my body and energize my workouts.
I even began adding "drop sets" where I would do on movement and when I could lift that weight no more I would lower the weight and keep going. I would drop the weight 3, 4 sometimes 5 times to get a great "pump" from this method.
For example if I was doing dumbell one arm curls I might start with 50 lbs. I would lift that probably 6-8 times, once I could not lift it anymore I would drop to 40lbs, then 30 etc..
Try that sometime and tell me how it feels.
:)
I hope this helps.
My next installment MIGHT be more workout info if you are interested (post comments silly)
or just some random stuff.
Thanks
Friday, November 9, 2007
The Workout!!
Posted by
kinglouis2005
at
11/09/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment